Thinning eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Vanessa

Thinning eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair

Post by Vanessa » Sat May 15, 2004 8:34 am

I have experience a sudden loss of eyelashes starting a year ago and than eyebrows and thinning of hair. I am 43 years old and wonder if this might have anything to do with it: I"m not doing anything different other than progresterone cream which I use 3 weeks out of the month. Any suggestions on this would be great.

Vanessa

Post by Guest » Sat May 15, 2004 8:57 am

Hi Vanessa,

Could you please describe the extent of the thinning? Is it patchy or evenly distributed?

Thanks,
Morphollica Admin

Vanessa
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Evenly Distributed?

Post by Vanessa » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:41 am

Hello;

My hair loss is evenly distributed?

Vanessa :D

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Check with a dermatologist, but....

Post by Tricia » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:58 am

I don't think it's that uncommon for eyelashes and eyebrows to thin along with scalp hair. I haven't noticed any thinning of my eyebrows, but I know other women have complained of this. I do know that I have less eyelashes than I used to. My eyelashes are still there and evenly distributed, but there definately are less of them.

jedi3001

Thinning....

Post by jedi3001 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:53 pm

Thinning of hair other than scalp hair may be the sign of either (1) a thyroid problem or (2) a fungus or yeast-like infection. See a doctor for the first. You might want to check out natural conditioners containing kaolin clay, apple cider vinegar, pine shale oil, etc. (e.g. MorroccoMethod) for the latter.

jedi3001

thinning....

Post by jedi3001 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:48 am

If you suspect that non-scalp thinning of body hair (eyebrows, eyelashes, etc) may be caused by an infection, you may want to try internal, as well as external ,herbal detoxification and invigoration therapy.

jedi3001

thinning....

Post by jedi3001 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:53 am

Eyebrow hair follicles are not affected by DHT, from what I have read, so the same anti-DHT treatments used for scalp hair may not apply.