Is hair loss possibly at 17?

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

Aaron

Is hair loss possibly at 17?

Post by Aaron » Mon May 10, 2004 5:14 pm

I'm a little over 17.5 years old and for the last four months i've been shedding a lot more hair. I havent had any substantial stress and i got my blood tested and the doctor said it was fine; getting all the nutrution i need (i'm a vegetarian), thyriod is working fine and i'm not anemic. He said to wait 6 months and then come back. My hair has been shedding a lot for around 4 months now and I can tell it has thinned a lot. I've heard that it will naturally regrow itself? But is it also possible that DHT is causing my problem? What should I do?

Morphollica Admin

Post by Morphollica Admin » Tue May 11, 2004 10:25 am

Hi Aaron,

Yes, hair loss is definitily possible at 17. Based on what you've said it sounds to me like it is most likely androgenetic alopecia that you may be suffering from. Check out the following link:

http://www.morphollica.com/research/and ... opecia.php

This will give you a summary of what we know about this condition. I think you should visit a dermatologist and get him to diagnose your condition. If it's androgenetic alopecia then your best bet is probably to get on propecia or proscar cut up into quarter tablets. If you get him to prescribe proscar for you then you may be able to get the treatment for free or for a nominal fee. Proscar and propecia are the same drug, finasteride, only in different dosages. You probably still have a lot of hair, in which case propecia or proscar cut into quarters will be your best bet in maintaining the hair you currently have.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sam
Administrator,
Morphollica.com

Post by Guest » Thu May 13, 2004 7:31 pm

Aaron,

Dr. Khadavi has asked some further questions of you. Check out his answer to your question in the hair loss Q&A section:

http://www.morphollica.com/hairloss_exp ... nswerid=97

Make sure if you answer his questions to remind him of your previous question.

Regards,
Sam

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat May 15, 2004 12:35 pm

how do i respond to his questions?