Hair-Tek

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

hopeful19
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Hair-Tek

Post by hopeful19 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm

How does Hair-Tek compare to Toppik?

Does it adhere to hair any better?

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Hair-Tek

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:58 pm

ive never used it, or others, but ive heard lots people say its the best, and its the one celebs use.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm

hopeful19 wrote:How does Hair-Tek compare to Toppik?

Does it adhere to hair any better?
I was actually going to do a blog or a video or something on this, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. In short, I think it's vastly superior to toppik -IF YOU USE THE SPRAY BOTTLE THING.

The hair-tek bottle is just damn awful... it doesn't have enough holes. If Hair-Tek came in a Toppik bottle, it'd solve all the problems and you wouldn't need a sprayer at all, but like I said... the bottle sucks. It makes it glob on too thick. But the good thing is the sprayer (I can't remember the name for it) is really good. I had Toppik's sprayer, and it was horrible... it sprayed it much too thick. The hair-tek sprayer is cheaper looking but it sprays it super-fine.

Ok, that's obviously about the mechanical aspects of the bottle and the sprayer, but the main difference is obviously the product. Yes... it definitely adheres better, and I feel that it clings to the HAIR more than just coating the SCALP (like I feel toppik does), if that makes sense. I felt like toppik would sometimes just cake up on my scalp, and I don't have that at all with hair-tek.

I've had it explained to me that it's the higher kerratin concentration or something -I don't know- but all I know is that fom my needs, hair-tek is better. Both are great, though... we are just "splitting hairs" here, but yeah, you know how I feel about them now!

One of the reasons that I didn't do a full blog on this is that I just can't think of any better way to explain why it works better other than it just DOES. lol...
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

the sprayer is called the atomizer i think..i'll probably order it, right now i have the toppik sprayer and i'm hoping the hair tek one is better

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 am

Will the guy selling hair-tek still give a discount if we tell him that we're from regrowth?

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:44 am

i ordered more than a month ago, mentioned the discount and the lady who took the order knew nothing about it. she did say that she'd inquire, i told her fine and to place the order either way. in the end i didnt recieve any discount accrding to the amount i paid judging by bank statement

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

testing..

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 am

seems fine now..