Questions for Zixcreator

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Questions for Zixcreator

Post by jksl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 am

I hope you see this thread zixcreator. I have some questions i hope you can answer (i tried to find your email, but clicking on "email" on your site didn't get me anywhere..).

1. Are there any fillers in your zinc sulfate powder?
2. Can we substitute zinc sulfate powder with zinc gluconate instead? Or will the glucose in the gluconate feed the fungus and yeasts?
3. There is vegetable stearate in the B6 (P-5-P) capsules. I've read that these strearates actually impede absorption of the vitamin it's encapsulated with. What are your thoughts on that?
4. Do you think adding polysorbate 80 and/or ethyl alcohol to the classic zix will make it more effective?

I'm starting to believe that i have a zinc deficiency as i have mild rosacea, seb derm is evident around the creases around my nose, very mild (but, used to be pretty bad) seb derm or eczema in the frontal scalp, low ejaculate volume than it used to be, acne, etc., etc. All indications of zinc deficiency. So, i'm hoping classic zix will work. I'm trying to stay away from saw palmetto after having used it last year and getting bad sides (pretty bad post-urinary drip, sideburns stopped growing, etc.). I know topically is another story, but i don't wanna add anything that might be unnecessary (i will add it if i find that the classic doesn't work).

Edit: Also, do you think that adding msm powder (opti-msm) to the mix is a bad idea? will it mess up the brew some how?

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Re: Questions for Zixcreator

Post by zixcreator » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 am

Hi jksl.

No there are no fillers in the powder but I'm now using the capsules again. The powder is a pain in the ass to measure. There are some fillers in the capsules but since the formula originally used capsules and since this formula worked for a lot of people I'm not concerned about the fillers.

Don't know about zinc gluconate feeding fungus but the track record for people that have used zinc gluconate has not been near as good as those using zinc sulfate. I really don't know why but I suspect the "sulfate" part of zinc sulfate is helpful.

P5P....Well pyridoxal powder can be hard to come by...so we use the capsules. But again we've seen good results from zix so I wouldn't worry about the vegetable stearate.

Yes I do believe that polysorbate 80 and ethyl alcohol in and of themselves have a weak hair regrowing effect. But I believe the alcohol acts as a penetrant as well.

MSM powder...many people have tried it but I've never heard anything really positive about this. I think a better addition would be liquid saw palmetto. Better still would be saw palmetto with beta sitosterol added to it.

Hope this helps. You can e-mail me if you have any questions at hairimprovement2@yahoo.com.

Best of luck!

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Re: Questions for Zixcreator

Post by jksl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:37 pm

okay, thanks for the response zixcreator. I think i need to try this soon before my very tiny peach fuzz disappear.

If there is peach fuzz, they're in the 30 month window right?