Lion announces new product for hair loss

Read about and discuss general hair loss topics.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Lion announces new product for hair loss

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:36 pm

Yet another announcment from Lion:

http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp?Art_ID=10500
Lion Develops Innovative Retardant for Male Hair Loss

Tokyo (JCNN) - Leading Japanese toiletries and cosmetics manufacturer Lion (TSE: 4912) announced on July 12 the results of its latest survey on male baldness.

Initially, the company's two R&D units have histologically confirmed that a peroxide, which consists of oxidized sebum, causes the death of hair root cells and stimulates the baldness.

Further, the company has discovered that the combination of beta-glycyrrhetinate, an anti-inflammatory substance, and piroctone olamine, an antioxidant, has an inhibitory effect on the death of hair root cells and helps retard the hair loss.

Based on the findings, the company plans to put on sale a new product for suppressing male baldness, which contains beta-glycyrrhetinate and piroctone olamine, this fall.

Details of the research will be presented at the 56th Research Symposium for the Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Japan to be held on July 14, in Osaka.
I don't have any idea whether this will be of any use, but it sounds somewhat promising. I would wait for clinical studies before making any conclusions.

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Tricia » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 am

I saw that. I'm skeptical of their claim. It's easy to say that a product retards hair loss. Wow, about one that grows hair :roll: ? I'm waiting for that one.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron